Plan Your Visit
We have enjoyed welcoming families back into our museum during our phased reopening. We’ve learned a lot and most importantly – we are grateful for the overwhelming support from our community.
We are excited to announce that Phase 3.0 is here, starting August 31st!
In accordance with the recently updated mask mandate in Orange County, all visitors age 2 and up are required to wear a face mask while inside Kidzu Children’s Museum, regardless of vaccine status.
General Admission sessions are open to both members and non-members. These sessions will have limited capacity to promote social distancing while at the museum.
General Admission Tickets
All ticket sales are subject to NC state & local sales tax. Tax and discounts are calculated at checkout.
Online advance registration is recommended to guarantee your spot. Walk-ins will be welcome until capacity is reached. Members, be sure to log in with your member account to receive your automatic ticket discounts online!
Be prepared! Scroll down to see information on Visitor Guidelines, Health & Safety Measures, and what to expect during your visit.
Join us for Member Morning every Saturday from 10am-12pm! These 2-hour sessions are for members only, and capacity is limited to 30 total individuals. Admission to Member Mornings is FREE but pre-registration is still required.
Not yet a member? Kidzu offers annual memberships and summer memberships. Click here to learn more and become a member today!
Enjoy exclusive use of the museum reserved for “Your Hive Only”!
Rentals consist of one reservation of individuals within the same household or “pod”. Rentals are limited capacity and must be reserved at least 48 hours in advance. At this time, use of the Makery is not available during museum rentals. If you’d like to speak with a member of the Kidzu team about adding a Makery activity to your rental, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Members save 15% on “Your Hive Only” Museum Rentals!
Health and Safety
Your health and safety is our top priority. We’ve implemented the following practices into our reopening plans so that we can welcome you back safely:
- Enhanced cleaning schedules in accordance with CDC guidelines and standards set forth by the Association of Children’s Museums
- Frequent sanitizing of common touch areas and exhibit items using EPA approved disinfectants
- 12 hand sanitizer stations throughout the exhibit areas
- Mask requirements for all staff and visitors over the age of 2, regardless of vaccination status.
- All exhibit props/toys are on a rotation to ensure proper cleaning between each use
- “Touched toys” baskets are provided near every exhibit
- PPE (gloves, masks, sanitizers) purchased for the Kidzu team. Masks/gloves available to visitors upon request
- Newly purchased electrostatic sanitizing sprayers for a quick drying, one-pass method to sanitize high-touch items and surfaces.
Exploring our Exhibits – What to Expect:
- Contactless check-in! Please have your confirmation email ready to show the team when you arrive. You may display this on your mobile device, or bring a printed copy with you
- Designated baskets are provided for visitors to use when they’ve finished playing with an exhibit item. Once you’re done, toss the item into one of these “Touched Toy Baskets” and the Kidzu team will sanitize prior to placing the items back into the exhibits
- The Book Nook is open! We have provided a basket for books that have been used. Once you’re finished reading a book, place it into the designated basket to be sanitized
- Most exhibits are limited to one group/household at a time. If an exhibit or area you wish to visit is full, please switch gears and visit elsewhere or wait patiently for capacity to become available.
- Drinking fountains will be temporarily closed off, but our water bottle filling station is always available! Visitors are strongly encouraged to bring their own water bottles.
- Keep 6 feet apart from people not in your group.
- Caregivers are asked to stay within “high-five” distance of children to help with group distancing.
- Visitors ages 2 and older are required to wear face coverings indoors, regardless of vaccination status.
- Please use walking feet as you move throughout the museum
- Food and drink are not permitted within the carpeted areas
- Please keep your shoes on, unless utilizing the “Tot Plot”
- All children must be accompanied by an adult 16 or older
As a 501(c)(3) organization, Kidzu is categorized as a nonprofit museum and is reopening in a limited capacity in accordance with orders set by the state of NC regarding covid restrictions/phases. See complete information pertaining to Museums from the NCDHHS website by clicking here.
We Appreciate our Members!
As a non-profit in the midst of the COVID-19 crisis, membership and admissions from members of our community are imperative to Kidzu’s ability to stay open and provide families with a safe space to learn and play together.
The Kidzu team has created a modified reopening schedule that ensures exclusive benefits and access for our dedicated members. Keeping health and safety at the forefront of everything we do, we have put our creative hats on and highlighted the following benefits to members during our phased reopening schedule:
- Member Morning – Every Saturday from 10am – 12pm.
- FREE access to General Admission Sessions.
- Save 15% on all Kidzu “Your Hive Only” Museum Rentals
- FREE early drop-off for all Kidzu members attending a Parents’ Night Out program.
- Members can attend our Junior Gardeners program for FREE each Tuesday & Thursday from 9:30am-10:30am outside in Kidzu’s Learning Garden. (Weather permitting)
- Save 10% on all Kidzu-led Summer Camps
*Pre-registration is required for all visits at this time. Members must be logged in to your account to gain access to member benefits, including free admission. If you are unsure of what email address is associated with your membership profile please email us and avoid creating a new account.
Not ready to visit?
Head on over to the Kidzu@Home website to find all your favorite programs like Messy Morning, Story Time, STEAM’D Up, Book Buzz, and Jr. Gardeners! We’ve also got FREE online resources for learning at home such as Kidzu Discovery Packs, Educator Facilitator Guides, and Virtual Learning Kits. There’s something for everyone!